SHORT STORY : SMILE OR CRY

I'm sorry if there any grammar errors in this short story. You can direct email me or comment if you notice my mistakes. I hope you enjoy the story,thank you. 😊😊

SMILE OR CRY?

CHAPTER 1: PEANUT BUTTER

A fine day just like another day before. Nothing has change so much just the time keep changing its digits. Uhh how fast the time flies he thought. Ethan sits at his favourite table which is next to the wall. On that colourful wall, there are old picture of places in Malaysia such as Klang, Penang and Pahang. He is having his breakfast alone at his favourite cafe of all time, Summertime Cafe. Just sometimes Greg will join him but usually Greg having his breakfast either with his sister or his girlfriend, Karen. The morning will not be perfect without two toasted breads with peanut butter spread and a cup of milk tea. Ethan loves them so much. Ohh what a superb combination. People should try those than eating noodles with soup, it is boring.

Out of Ethans thought, a woman sits not far from his table. She sits alone too and having breakfast same as Ethans. That is her first time having them on her favourite table. She ordered them because she always see a man eating them almost everyday on the same table at Summertime Cafe. Yes, the man is Ethan. Ohh these are so nice. No wonder he always eat them. she thought and she smiled. While Ethan, he just done with the last bite of his bread. Then he pay for his breakfast at the counter.

Ethan makes his steps to his car and he thought straight to the office now. I think my routine are so boring. Wake up in the morning, breakfast, go to work, lunch, back to work, dinner, back to my home, sleep and repeat. What a life. He hopes he can meet a girl who has a different routine than his. He wish to join her doing her routines,perhaps. He turns on the A/C when he get in the car.
After breakfast, she makes her way to the markets around downtown then she will go to the shop to do the groceries. She will buy some extras. Her name is Emma. Since her father died in 2000, Emma will go to the markets and shop to buy groceries and needs for the poor and a orphanage home that she know. Her late father, Thomas Carpenter always helped the poor by giving them food and clothes. That's why she wants to continue her father efforts to help the poor people. She does not has a boss. She is the boss to herself. That is why she does not worry about the time to go to the office. You think her routines are different than Ethans?

Ethan has arrive at his office and go to his cubicle. His colleagues smile at him and greet him by saying good morning. Then his best colleague, Greg comes to his cubicle and asks any different in this morning?. Ethan shakes his head without looking at Greg. Your life is boring, Eth said Greg. Ethan looks at him then why are you keep on bother with it?Ethan replied.  Greg shrugged his shoulders while pouting his mouth. Im just asking Greg said. Seriously Greg? You ask that question million times in a year and youre just rephrase them. Thats what you say just asking? said Ethan while keeping his face straight. Gregs face turns red and walk to his cubicle, opposite to Ethans. From his cubicle, he pointing his finger to Ethan and saidyou win this time,Eth. This time. Next time, Ill. Ethan raises his both hands and smile.

Time flies and it is time to go home. Greg said can I ride your car tonight? My sister used my car today. I forgot to tell you this afternoon. Ethan just nods his head and continue to clear his table. I feel like I want to eat crabs with salted eggs. Do you know where is the best? asks Ethan. Say no more,budd. Let me drive your car. Ill suprise you. Ethan gives a shout of applause and said you know me well,bro. Im so tired to drive. Oh thanks Lord for giving this angel to me.” “Uhh drama. said Greg and rolled his eyes and takes Ethans car key.

After 15minutes of driving, they arrive at a waterfront restaurant. The place is crowded with people, eating their crabs with salted eggs. Luckily, there is a table for them beside the fish aquarium. This is the place,bro. Its the best in town, I watched it on TV last weekend. said Greg and shows his thumbs up. Whaaatt.. This place with their salted eggs crabs are on TV. Are you sure we will have our crabs? said Ethan. His both hands touched the edge of his face as he is suprise the place has been broadcast on TV, at the same time he worried about the crabs will be fully booked.

Greg making hand signal telling him to calm down. He raises his hand to call the waiter and ask the waiter about his reservations few minutes before they arrived there. The waiter informs him the dishes will be serve few minutes more. Then Greg and Ethan order their drinks. After the waiter left their table, Ethan widen his eyes as if he could not believe that Greg reserved the crabs for them. He said damn you bro. You reserved it? For the sake of God. Greg said yes, youre welcome, buddy. Come on, this place is popular. Were the latecomers, if I didnt reserved the dish, you will go home with a feeling of unsatisfaction tonight. Ethan nods his head and smile. Then their dish arrived and served by the waiter.

“Thanks O Lord, Your angel is so nice to me tonight. He paid for our dinner. He even reserved them for me. Thanks bro. I’ll pay you back soon.” said Ethan. Greg looks at Ethan with his shining eyes and said “I demand a camel steak as my payback. I don’t care how will you order them for me.” Ethan said “this angel isn’t an angel anymore,God. He is turning into a pharaoh.” Greg made his face as cruel and arrogant. He also raised his chin like a harsh king. “If you don’t fulfilled my order, you will be punished as the full moon appear, my slave. Muahaha.” said Greg and grasp his hand as if he has a superpower. “My my my.. this little boy is in his dreamy land already.” said Ethan and pulled Greg’s hair.


After he send Greg back to his home, Ethan drives alone to his house and he decided to sleep without take a bath. ‘I live a single life. So, I rarely take a shower’ he thought. Unless, his mother is around, he will get shower. He cannot stand to hear his mother nagging all the time. He washes his face,legs and brush his teeth before go to sleep. ‘Greg was right though, my life is boring. Although Greg aren’t married, at least he has a girlfriend. Soon or later, they will get married too. Me? I don’t know when I will have a girlfriend.’ He is too lazy to have a deeper thought, he close his eyes to sleep.

Stay tune~ Chapter 2 is coming up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUM BELAJAR BAHASA SARAWAK!

OPERATION MANAGEMENT

NOSTALGIA : ZAMAN SEKOLAH PART 2