SHORT STORY : SMILE OR CRY?

CHAPTER 2 : SPECIAL MORNING?

In the next morning, Ethan starts his routine all over again. He drives his car to his favourite cafe. Emma is going to the same place too. They arrive at the same time. Just their cars park a little bit far from each other. Everyone has their favourite spots,aren’t they? Emma and Ethan go to their favourite tables. They take their orders for breakfast. Usually Emma will order noodles with soup or porridge. But, she make a change in her breakfast menu. She started to love bread with peanut butter spread. So, she ordered them. And a cup of milk tea as her drink. Same goes to Ethan.

After they finish their breakfast, Emma and Ethan go to the counter at the same time. The cashier say “Miss, do you order bread with peanut butter spread and a cup of milk tea just now?” Emma answer her “yes. How much is it?” The cashier gives her the bill. Ethan who stands at Emma’s back, a little suprise to know that someone ordered same menu with him. Wow! This is rarely happen. Is this the special thing that Greg meant before? No matter what, I’ll tell him. He put a small smile on his face as he has the random thought. Emma already pay for her breakfast and she is walking to the carpark. Ethan quickly pay for his breakfast as he oftenly ordered the same menu,he knows the price already. He needs to meet Emma because she missed her handphone at the counter! He run as fast as he could although he started breathlessly.

“Excuse me,miss!” he screamed with an uncontrollable breath while raising his hand from the back. Emma stoped. “Oh, who is that?” said Emma and she turns her body to the back. “Yes,mr. How can I help you?” asks Emma to Ethan. “I’m sorry for shouting at you but I need to. You left your phone at the counter just now. Here,your phone.” Ethan handled Emma’s phone while he holding his knees and trying to breath as usual. Emma suprised to see her phone and say “Oh, thank you, mr ..who is your name,by the way?” Ethan wipes his sweat and reply “You’re most welcome,miss. My name is Ethan.Just call me Eth. And yours?” Emma smiles and say “I’m Emma.” They shake hands as a sign of introduction and smile as they are new to each other.

Emma said “what can I give you in return, Eth?” Ethan said “hmm.. is it too early for me to get your number?” Emma laughs and said “well, actually it is but I’ll give you instead. Give me your phone so I can put them inside your phone.” Ethan gives his phone to Emma and Emma press the screen. “So I can get yours too?” asks Emma. “my my my.. sure you can. I’ll give you a call now.” Suddenly Hotline Bling song come out and it is Emma’s phone. Ethan laughs and said “seriously you put that as your ringtone?” Emma said “I know what you mean. I used to dance to the ringtone and I accidently missed people’s call” Ethan laughs even louder.

“Alright,Emma. I have to go now. See you when I see you.” said Ethan. “Sure. Thank again, mr superman.” said Emma and their shake their hand. Few minutes after driving, Ethan arrives at his office. “Greg!” he said. “My my my.. this young man can get me a heart attack. What is it,Eth? You look more brighter and handsome today.” said Greg. “Before you ask ‘anything different in this morning?’, I’ll tell you first. I met a woman,man!” Greg gives a celebration shout and said “I know this moment wil come,bro! Finallyyyyy!” Ethan said “Shh! You’re too loud,man. Her name is Emma. I’ll tell you more during the lunch.” Greg shows his thumb up and hit his fist with Ethan’s.

As promised, Ethan tells Greg about Emma during their lunch break. Greg said the moment just like in the TV and he couldn’t believe that Ethan are too brave to ask her number as his reward. Ethan said “She’s cute. I didn’t expected that she will gave her number to me because some women thinks that it’s too early to give their phone number on the first meeting.” Greg said “well, in my point of view, maybe she is different and it’s not too early though. For me, if you ask her to be your girlfriend, that’s the ‘too early’ thingy.” Ethan nods his head and said “I’m not ready for a relationship,bro. You know what happen to me 5 years ago. I still can’t forget that. You how bad things happen at that time.” Greg gives out a deep breathe. “I know,man. I was there. Watching what happen to you. I’m sorry for that but it’s time to forget. Try to do so,bro. Maybe God send her for you to forget the past. Because He can see you’re broken inside. Emma will help you to heal. I believe that.”

After hours of working, Ethan goes to Mc Donald’s to take away a large set of Big Mac. While having his dinner at his home, he thinks about what Greg said during the lunch break. ‘Greg is right. It’s time to forget. 5 years had passed. There’s nothing sweet memories to be remembered in that time. It’s only bitterness and pain. I’ll try to know Emma. I feel she's special too. Emma, I'm coming for you. Will you be my one and only wife?' His eyes slowly close and he goes to the dreamland.

Stay tune~ Chapter 3 is coming up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JUM BELAJAR BAHASA SARAWAK!

OPERATION MANAGEMENT

NOSTALGIA : ZAMAN SEKOLAH PART 2